How Ranks Medical Services Limited (RMSL) (Mr Rao’s private practice) uses your information to provide you with healthcare
This practice keeps medical records confidential and complies with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We hold your medical record so that we can provide you with safe care and treatment.
- We will also use your information so that this practice can check and review the quality of the care we provide. This helps us to improve our services to you.
- We will share relevant information from your medical record with other health or social care staff or organisations when they provide you with care. For example, your GP or allied medical professional will share information with us when they refer you to Mr Rao’s practice in the hospital or RMSL will send details about your clinical problem to your GP, allied medical professional, pharmacy or organisation involved with your medical care.
- For more information on how we share your information with organisations who are directly involved in your care can be found here: Please email Mr Rao who is the data controller on email@example.com
- Healthcare staff working for RMSL will also have access to your information. For example, it is important that staff who are working for RMSL or Mr Rao to pass on information to your GP or hospital if this is required urgently or in the case of an emergency. This will involve the use of your personal and clinical information held in a secure server designed for this purpose or in a locked cupboard in a locked office. For more information please call Mr Rao’s practice secretary (Alison Hagerty) on +441689490121 or fax +441689827964 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to object to information being shared for your own care. Please speak to Mr Rao’s practice secretary (Alison Hagerty) on +441689490121 or email , if you wish to object. You also have the right to have any mistakes or errors corrected.
Other important information about how your information is used to provide you with healthcare
Registering for private care
- All patients who receive private care are registered on a BMI healthcare or Lycahealth database or directly with RMSL. RMSL shares clinical information with these 2 organisations. • All patients who receive private care are registered on a BMI healthcare or Lycahealth database or directly with RMSL. RMSL shares clinical information with these 2 organisations.
- This database holds your name, address, date of birth and registration number. It also holds information about the care you receive.
- The database is held by bmihealtcare.co.uk and lycahealth.com both national organisations which have legal responsibilities to collect data. RMSL holds its clinical records with DGL private practice manager and has billing facilities with Healthcode.
- More information can be found at: www.kneehipandshoulder.com/contact
- The phone number for general enquires at 01689 490121
Registering for NHS care (at a BMI Healthcare hospital)
- All patients who receive NHS care at a BMI healthcare hospital are registered on a BMI healthcare database. RMSL shares clinical information with this organisation.
- This database holds your name, address, date of birth, BMI number and NHS Number. It also holds information about the care you receive.
- The database is held by bmihealthcare.co.uk a national organisation which has legal responsibilities to collect your data.
- More information can be found at: bmihealthcare.co.uk/privacy-notices/ and email@example.com, NHS Digital is 0300 303 5678
- Sometimes we need to share information so that other people, including healthcare staff, children or others with safeguarding needs, are protected from risk of harm.
- These circumstances are rare.
- We do not need your consent or agreement to do this.
- Please see local policies for more information: Eg: http://www.bromleyccg.nhs.uk/safeguarding.htm
We are required by law to provide you with the following information about how we handle your information.
Data Controller Contact Address
Mr Sudhir G Rao
Ranks Medical Services Ltd
Address for correspondence
3 New Mill Road
Purpose of the processing
- To give direct health care to individual patients.
- For example, when a patient is referred for health care, to or from a hospital or clinic, relevant information about the patient will be shared with the other healthcare staff to enable them to give appropriate advice, investigations, treatments and/or care.
- To check and review the quality of care. (This is called audit and clinical governance).
- To check the quality of care provided by Mr Rao (Clinical Audit)
Lawful basis for processing
These purposes are supported under the following sections of the GDPR:
Article 6(1)(e) ‘…necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority…’; and
Article 9(2)(h) ‘necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services…”
- Healthcare staff will also respect and comply with their obligations under the common law duty of confidence.
Recipient or categories of recipients of the processed data
The data will be shared with:
- healthcare professionals and staff in this organisation
- local hospitals
- diagnostic and treatment centres;
- or other organisations involved in the provision of direct care to individual patients.
- BMI healthcare
Rights to object
- You have the right to object to information being shared between those who are providing you with direct care.
- This may affect the care you receive – please speak to the practice.
- You are not able to object to your name, address and other demographic information being sent to NHS Digital.
- This is necessary if you wish to be registered to receive NHS care at a BMI Hospital
- You are not able to object when information is legitimately shared for safeguarding reasons.
- In appropriate circumstances it is a legal and professional requirement to share information for safeguarding reasons. This is to protect people from harm.
- The information will be shared with the local safeguarding service.(eg: http://www.bromleyccg.nhs.uk/safeguarding.htm)
Right to access and correct
- You have the right to access your medical record and have any errors or mistakes corrected. Please speak to a member of staff (tel no: 01689 490121) or look at our contact details on the practice website – www.kneehipandshoulder.com/contact/
- We are not aware of any circumstances in which you will have the right to delete correct information from your medical record; although you are free to obtain your own legal advice if you believe there is no lawful purpose for which we hold the information and contact us if you hold a different view.
Medical records will be kept in line with the law and national guidance.
Information on how long records are kept can be found at: https://digital.nhs.uk/article/1202/Records-Management-Code-of-Practice-for-Health-and-Social-Care-2016 or speak to the practice.
Right to complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you wish to complain follow this link https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or call the helpline 0303 123 1113.
Data we get from other organisations
We receive information about your health from other organisations who are involved in providing you with health care. For example, if you go to hospital for treatment, see another medical specialist or allied medical professional (eg; physiotherapist) or have an operation the hospital may send us a letter to let us know what happens. This means your medical record is kept up-to date when you receive medical care.